Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Jonathan's Inheritance

Like Jonathan,  I was raised to rule. Leadership, for me, has not necessarily been an ambition, but rather a habit I learned early on. I led everything I was a part of, by default, as if it was expected. Clubs, teams, jobs. President, captain, manager.  But like Jonathan, I despise my throne and I willingly lay my staff and cloak at your feet. I bow my head to the one who has the heart of God, the anointing, and the favor of God to rule. I'm not jealous ONE BIT! Failure is my enemy, not you. Admittedly, I have some habits and opinions tripping me up, but please believe me, I would consider anything else besides serving God under your leadership, a demotion. My heart is just to do the best job I can. Frankly I'm not really sure what that's supposed to look like. But for me, I don't care if it looks like cooking meals, cleaning up, working 16 hr days, or reading street signs. This isn't like where I was. I was cheating the Kingdom before. This is serving Kingdom. And in the Kingdom, the least is the greatest so why in hell would I jockey for position? And what kind of stupid logic would it be to vie for power to lead when I cannot hear Him like you or demonstrate like you or discern like you? I'm no fool. Besides I love you more than my own life. Every victory you win enriches me. Every accolade, gives ME joy. I'm not always a nice person. My history is being rewritten, but it isn't a nice one. I'm ok with being a little complex and growing. I'm NOT okay with being misunderstood in any regard when it comes to something so vital, however. So, not only do I vow under heaven never to abandon you, but I also vow to support and uphold you as a leader. I publicly and privately recognize the calling and appointment God has given you to command. I will help in that endeavor to the best of my ability now and in the future. May God hold me accountable to my word.

No comments:

Post a Comment